Best Sip Ever Groom Wines
Pecan Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms Pairing
Our featured Holiday Best Sip Ever pairing includes the fabulous winemaker Daryl Groom and a special recipe prepared by Wine Channel TV Flavor Host Jenny Kelley. Check out the exclusive interview with Jessica Altieri and Daryl Groom and Jenny Kelley takes you in the kitchen for this special Holiday pairing!
Pecan Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- ½ cup pecan halves, raw and unsalted
- 1 cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from half of a lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock, if needed
- 12 whole baby portabella mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Clean and remove stems from mushrooms.
In a food processor, grind pecans into fine crumbly texture (pecan meal). Add spinach, basil, garlic, lemon, salt and process together. Stir and add stock as needed until mixture becomes a smooth paste-like liquid.
- With a spoon, stuff each mushroom center with a heaping tablespoon of pesto. Place stuffed mushrooms evenly apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms until tender and toasty.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Cheers to the holidays and stay tuned to Wine Channel TV for more Best Sip Ever pairings in 2016!