Sip New Zealand Chicago Style – All Blacks vs Team USA Wine Tasting
Wine Channel TV and Reverie Chicago are excited for the Kiwi invasion of Chicago for the All Blacks vs Team USA Rugby Wine Tasting event at Reverie Chicago on October 30th. Jessica Altieri, CEO and CS of Wine Channel TV will join Chef Rodelio Aglibot to showcase some great wine and food pairing ideas for the Kiwi invasion of the Windy City! Tickets for the event are available here !!
In this pre-event feature, Chef Rodelio catches up with winemaker Clive Jones of Nautilus Estate and talks about their special 30th year vintage.
Featured wine and food pairings for the Sip New Zealand All Blacks vs Team USA Rugby Wine Tasting Event:
- Villa Maria Cellar Selection Sauvignon Blanc 2013
- tempura asparagus “fries” with onsen tamago “soft poached egg sauce” and tamari
- Spy Valley Riesling 2013
- crispy brussel sprout and kale minced shrimp, sweet chili vinaigrette, chilis, shallots
- Twin Islands Sauvignon Blanc – 2013
- seared sea scallops grapefruit, corn crème, “ava sauce” brown butter and honey, toasted pistacios
- Spy Valley Pinot Noir
- beef tartare bruschetta hand chopped, pickled vegetables, coddled egg, toasted bread
- Nautilus Pinot Noir Marlborough 2011
- “brass monkey” tempura shrimp, avocado, crab roll topped with spicy tuna and crispy onions, spicy sesame sauce and unagi
- Villa Maria Cellar Selection Pinot noir 2013
- Huli Huli Chicken Hawaiian style marinated half chicken in pineapple, soy and ginger with garlic fried rice
- Villa Maria Bordeaux Blend…Merlot, Cabernet, Malbec.
- “yabba dabba doo” korean kalbi inspired slow roasted beef “longrib”, banchan
We look forward to sharing all the excitement from the Sip New Zealand All Blacks vs Team USA Rugby Wine Tasting with you on Wine Channel TV !