Wine TV College Football Playoff Winning Pairings
Wine TV College Football Playoff Pairings
Apple Brie Skewers and Toasted Ravioli
College Football Playoff semifinal at the Peach Bowl
Who: No. 4 Washington vs. No. 1 Alabama
When: 3 p.m. Dec. 31 on ESPN
Where: Georgia Dome, Atlanta
College Football Playoff semifinal at the Fiesta Bowl
Who: No. 3 Ohio State vs. No. 2 Clemson
When: 7 p.m. Dec. 31 on ESPN
Where: University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.
College Football Playoff Recipes – Jenny Kelley
Apple Brie Skewers
- Apple, sliced into bite size pieces
- Brie Cheese
- Dried Cranberries
- Assemble skewers. Spread brie onto apple slice and slice onto toothpick and finish with an apple slice (apple slice with brie, apple slice with brie, apple slice)
- Place skewers on a serving plate or platter. Drizzle honey and sprinkle dried cranberries on top of each skewer.
- Serve immediately to avoid the apple from browning or place in the fridge for no more than 2 hours to chill prior to serving.
- 1 package of ravioli (about 24 pieces), thawed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup half and half or cream
- 1 cup Italian or seasoned bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- In a medium bowl, beat or whisk eggs and cream together. Place bread crumbs in a separate medium bowl.
- In small batches, first place ravioli in egg mixture and then in bread crumbs to completely coat each piece.
- Place coated ravioli on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375F preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked and lightly browned.
- Grate parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately while hot with warm marinara or pizza sauce.