Worth Every Drop: Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Chicago Wine Bars
Chicago Wine Bar Tasting Experience
Join Jessica Altieri for Chicago Wine Bar Tasting Experiences
There’s something for everyone in the Chicago Wine Bar scene. With so many choices, how do you decide? We’ve broken it down to choices for every palate, depending what factors you are looking for in a locale. Here’s 10 best of the best:
1. Flights of Fancy — Webster’s Wine Bar, 2601 N. Milwaukee Ave., offers tastings of 3-4 wines in 2-ounce portions for $13-17.
2. Friendly Staff — Joe’s Wine Cellar, 2108 W. Division St., is known for its friendly faces; no wine snobs working here.
3. Champagne on a Beer Budget — Choose from more than 100 champagnes and sparkling wines at Pops for Champagne, 601 N. State St.
4. Epicurean Delight — Bar Pastoral, located at 2947 N. Broadway St., offers much more than bread and cheese accompaniments. Their Saturday brunch is especially popular with the locals.
5. But I Want a Cocktail! — There’s one in every crowd. The Twisted Vine, 3530 N. Halsted St., has a fine selection of bourbon and classic cocktails for those who prefer to knock one back.
6. Enjoy the Weather — Take advantage of Chicago’s beautiful weather window at the Volo Restaurant Wine Bar, 2008 W. Roscoe St. A beautiful backyard patio is the perfect complement to seasonal tasting events.
7. First Date Choice — 404 Wine Bar, 2852 N. Southport Ave., is “super cute,” according to one recent review. Another reviewer said they had a date there on Friday night and came back Saturday to ask the bartender how he did. “She’ll give it to you straight,” he writes. Truth always wins!
8. Kid Friendly — Bodega Ramos, 1136 W. Diversey Pkwy., is a favorite place for families, and their banana bread samples are sure to make the kiddies smile.
9. Best Bang for the $ — ENO, 505 N. Michigan Ave., has 1/2 price wine flights from 4-6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
10. For Night Owls — DiSotto Enoteca, 200 E. Chestnut St., opens at 5 daily and stays up late night for late night people.
Visit Wine Channel TV and Jessica Altieri Chicago Wine Bar Expert for everything wine and Chicago