#BestSipEver with Villa Maria and Spicy Pumpkin Hummus
Villa Maria Wine Estate and Spicy Pumpkin Hummus
Join Wine Channel TV for this weeks #BestSipEver pairing for the the Game of the Week. Check out the “5” must know facts about Villa Maria wines and the perfect game day food pairing, Spicy Pumpkin Hummus with Wine Channel TV host Jessica Altieri and Flavor host Jenny Kelley.
This weeks featured #BestSipEver pairing is Villa Maria Estate Wines and a Spicy Pumpkin Hummus dish from Wine Channel TV Flavor Host Jenny Kelley. Also, learn 5 facts about Villa Maria you need to know about this legendary New Zealand wine.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary, reserve ¼ of a sprig (or top) for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Tortilla Chips, Pita Chips or Sliced Vegetables
- Remove leaves from the stem of 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary. Reserve ¼ of a spring (or the top) for garnish
- In a food processor, grind or puree all ingredients together until smooth. Add spices and ingredients to taste.
- Place hummus into a circular bowl and smooth into a dome-like shape.
- Cover and chill hummus for a few hours before serving or overnight.
- Just prior to serving, create “pumpkin ridges” or lines with a butter knife – just like you would “slice” a pizza. Add small portion of Rosemary in the center as the “pumpkin stem.”
- Serve with Sweet Potato tortilla chips, regular tortilla chips, pita chips or sliced vegetables (like bell peppers, mushrooms, or carrots).
- Enjoy this #BestSipEver with Villa Maria and Spicy Pumpkin Hummus!
Stay tuned each week for a new #BestSipEver pairing on Wine Channel TV!