Perfect Fall and Pumpkin Wine Pairings with Jess Altieri
If you’re hosting a Halloween get together, punch simply isn’t going to do it when it comes to serving your guests. Here are fa few of my all-time favorites. Cheers! Enjoy these perfect pumpkin wine pairings from Wine Channel TV.
Savory Pumpkin Cheese Dip and Prairie State Pumpkin Wine
- This autumn classic is a unique seasonal wine that’s like drinking pumpkin pie only with a kick!
- The winery is located in Genoa Illinois with it’s vineyard in Kingston, and Winemaker Rick Mamoser won winemaker of the year for Illinois recently!
- The creamy, pumpkin notes of the wine would wonderfully compliment the savory, cheese and pumpkin flavors of the dip! A perfect Fall treat!
Caribbean Cream of Pumpkin Soup & St.Supery Sauvignon Blanc
This wine comes from Napa Valley’s St. Supery Vineyards, which the Skalli family started in 1989. Winemaker Michael Scholz has made this the benchmark producer of Napa Sauvignon Blanc.
- The Wine shows brilliant hues of light yellow with vibrant streaks of green. Exotic grapefruit and green lime aromas dominate with hints of fennel and lemon zest.
- The bright grapefruit, citrus and guava flavors complements and cuts through the creaminess of the pumpkin in the soup.
Spicy Pumpkin Cornbread and Neudorf Riesling
- Spicy foods go best with light weight, low-alcohol, semisweet wines like this Riesling. Alcohol fans the flames; sugar douses them, so this is a perfect pairing.
- This Riesling is from the Moutere hillside vineyards, located in Nelson New Zealand, where Tim and Judy Finn first planted in 1978.
- This wine has a ripe, floral nose, with citrus lemon-lime, grapefruit and orange blossom flavors. It has a hint sweetness and is off dry, and the mineral note in the wine is a reflection of the terroir.
- The high acid from the cool climate is nicely offset with the hint of sweetness, and there’s no heaviness here at all making it a great contrast to the spicy, heavier cornbread.
- You can enjoy this Riesling before dinner as an apertif as well!
Be sure to check out all the wine lifestyle trends and happenings on Facebook at www.facebook.com/winechanneltv