On the Go Valentines Day Wine Lifestyle
Let’s face it. Valentine’s Day at a great restaurant with the perfect wine, food and people isn’t always possible. Travel, schedules, weather, sickness all add up to the possibility of having to stay or eat at home. Panic? No way. Even a blizzard can’t stop the folks at GrubHub from getting you food from one of your favorite restaurants or hotels.
Wine and dine options are at a whole new level in cities across the US, including wine lifestyle gifts and carry-out packages. New wine lifestyle retail stores provide a nice option if you are traveling to pick up some of your favorite wines, cheese and carry-out meals. Delivery services such as GrubHub can also provide you with a list of places they serve and options for delivery. Need a gift on the go, like flowers, chocolate or wine, stop by a local retail store like Walgreen’s or supermarket like Mariano’s! Airports on the way in town or out of town are also an option, but a little more expensive. But at the end of the day, when you are “stranded” out of town, it’s a lifesaver!
Here are a few of my “on-the-go” Valentine’s Day pairings:
- Spaghetti Marinara / Bolognese and DaVinci Chianti
- Sushi / Sashimi and Moet Hennessy Chandon Blanc de Noir Sparkling wine.
- Panang Curry and Schmitt Sohne Riesling.
- Seafood Paella and “2009 Colby Red” California cuvée
- Filet Mignon/Porterhouse Steaks and Clos Du Bois Merlot.
- Tomatoe Caprese and Valdo Prosecco.
- Cavatelli with olive oil/cherry tomatoes/basil and Mount Eden Estate Chardonnay.
On the road or stuck at home for Valentine’s Day, get busy! Be sure to visit Wine Channel TV for all your wine lifestyle happenings around the world!