Wine Lifestyle Picnic Table – Facebook IPO and Wine Conversation
Charcoal. Grilling. Facebook IPO. It’s a picnic table waiting for conversation. The unofficial start to summer. Wine lifestyle BBQ picks are on the “front grill” for wine lovers. What do you have planned for the big weekend? Here are my favorite five BBQ and wine picks for summer:
1. Grilled Cheese Burger paired with Colby Red Cuvee. This flavorful velvety, smooth California blend with earthy, berry notes- perfect pairing with the earthiness of the burger. This wine was inspired by Colby Groom who is now 14 but prior to his 10th birthday he underwent back to back open heart surgeries. He is now a seasoned volunteer with the American Heart Association and was inspired to raise money for heart research through creating a wine with his Dad!
2. Beef or Pork Ribs paired with Four Vines Zinfandel. California Zinfandels offer up peppery flavors and strong, juicy aromas that pair well with tangy ribs!
3. Grilled Chicken paired with Riondo Prosecco. This Italian sparkling wine is HOT! An affordable alternative to champagne, with a hint of sweetness and ripe acidity to cut through the skin on the chicken! It’s also great on its own as an aperitif! When in doubt this summer think BUBBLES, always a classic pairing especially with fatty or fried foods!
4. Veggie Burger paired with Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc . New Zealand wines are up and coming, and big! This wine has notes of apple and citrus fruits, with herbal notes that make it a perfect pairing with veggie burger.
5. Chicago Style Hot Dog paired with Relax Riesling. A sweet, fruity Riesling is perfect with the pickles and hot peppers on our Chicago dog. It’s the perfect anytime -wine for the summer!