Wine TV Mobile Video Revolution
Raise your hand if watch video on your mobile device with a glass of wine in your other hand. The Wine TV Mobile app is the fastest growing wine video entertainment app on iTunes for a good reason. “Wine and everyday life” on video is the “perfect reality pairing”. Here’s the summary on mobile and video from Business Intelligence:
- YouTube: some 40% of YouTube’s traffic now comes from mobile. Compare that to just 25% last year and a paltry 6% only two years ago.
- Audience boom: About 50 million people in the U.S. now watch video on their mobile phones. Fifteen percent of all online video hours globally are viewed on tablets and smartphones.
- Machinima is one of the most-watched YouTube channels in the world. The channel, focused on video and computer gaming, has a global audience of 200 million people. HBO, by comparison has roughly 30 million subscribers.
- Netflix: Netflix widely went with an iPad app first, not a smartphone app. Today, a reported 23% of all Netflix subscribers say they have watched on smartphones, and 15% have done so on iPads.
- Bandwidth hogs: One-third of all home broadband Internet traffic in the U.S. is generated by Netflix videos. YouTube accounts for nearly one-fifth of all mobile data traffic.
- VEVO: The music video platform’s mobile and TV app audience exploded by 184% this year. Half of its views are from mobile.
- Amazon: The company has about 16.7 million Prime subscribers that get unlimited video streaming on Kindle devices and via Amazon’s mobile apps.
Wine Channel TV and Wine TV http://winechanneltv.tv with Jessica Altieri is a fun wine tv and wine guide, travel lifestyle channel to learn about wine in a fun and entertaining way. Watch Wine TV for wine reviews, wine guide, wine news, wine travel, food and wine pairings from winemakers around the world. Visit and watch Wine TV shows from wine regions with winemakers, celebrity chefs and more.