Polpo a Pignata Perfect Pairing – Tenute Rubino
Sommelier Jessica Altieri – Perfect Italian Pairings
Join Sommelier Jessica Altieri for the Perfect Italian Pairings series on Wine Channel TV. This perfect pairing from Tenute Rubino is Polpo a Pignata with Visellio wine.
Tenute Rubino distributes and markets its products in over 20 foreign countries under the leadership of Luigi Rubino. Join Luigi, Romina Leopardi and the team that makes this family owned vineyard a special place to treasure and enjoy.
Tenute Rubino is a family owned vineyard in the heart of Salento on the southeastern peninsula that forms the heel of Italy. The vineyard is situated over four different areas around the city of Brindisi, located a mile from the sea and up to the hills above the city. The grapes grow through mild winters and hot summers. Tenute Rubino is located on 200 hectares producing over 1,000,000 bottles a year.
- Classification red · IGT Salento
- Grape variety Primitivo 100%
- Alcohol level 15,00% Alc by vol.
- Analysis pH 3,70 · total acidity 5,90 g/l
- Vineyards location Brindisi
- Altitude of vineyards 100m above sea level
- Soil characteristics stoney, medium consistency Training system Cordon trained, spur pruned
- Vines per hectare 4.000
- Year of implant 1992
- Yields per hectare 6 tons
- Harvest end of September
- Fermentation in steel tanks
- Maceration 18 days at controlled temperature
- Malolactic fermentation totally carried out
- Ageing 8 months, in French oak barriques
- Bottle ageing 12 months
- Vintages 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Production vintage 30.000 bottles
- Serving temperature 18° C
- Glass balloon for important red wines
- Colour impenetrable and brilliant ruby.
- Bouquet A range of insuperable fine aromas and sensations. Notes of plums in brandy, blackcurrant and blueberry jam, “visciole”, cloves and nutmeg leave the way to hints of star anise, violets and liquorice.
- Taste powerful and fascinating at the same time, seductive for its personality and vitality, fresh yet remarkably fruity, finds its equilibrium in mature and round tannins and in its balanced acidity.
- Characteristics a real outsider, a warm and complex wine expression of its territory, powerful, full and ethereal, outstanding expression of a modern and innovative oenology that finds in the history its solid and sound roots.
- Food matches try with rich dishes like the “involtini di melanzane ripieni di tonno al sugo” (stuffed aubergine rolls with tuna),
- The timballo di lasagne al forno (baked pasta), the cinghiale in agrodolce (wild boar in sweet and sour sauce), the stufato di lepre (hare stew), capriolo in umido, filetto di manzo al tartufo nero,tasca di maiale ripiena di funghi. Seasoned and tasty cheeses.
Wine Channel TV Digital Network was founded in 2009 by wine expert and digital media wine pioneer and award winning Sommelier Jessica Altieri. We work with some of the world’s leading wine and wine lifestyle brands. We create niche online digital channels with original creative content to drive awareness and engagement for our clients. Our expertise resides in digital channel development, social media strategy, digital video publishing, strategic partnerships and live experience events.