Spaghetti Aglio Olio Peperoncino Perfect Pairing – Tenute Rubino
Tenute Rubino and Wine Wednesday – or Any Day!
Tenute Rubino distributes and markets its products in over 20 foreign countries under the leadership of Luigi Rubino. Join Luigi, Romina Leopardi and the team that makes this family owned vineyard a special place to treasure and enjoy.
Tenute Rubino is a family owned vineyard in the heart of Salento on the southeastern peninsula that forms the heel of Italy. The vineyard is situated over four different areas around the city of Brindisi, located a mile from the sea and up to the hills above the city. The grapes grow through mild winters and hot summers. Tenute Rubino is located on 200 hectares producing over 1,000,000 bottles a year.
- IGT Salento
- Classification white · IGT Salento
- Grape variety Malvasia bianca 100%
- Alcohol level 13,50% Alc by vol.
- Analysis pH 3,32 · total acidity 6,10 g/l
- Vineyards location Brindisi
- Altitude of vineyards sea level
- Soil characteristics sandy
- Training system cordon trained, spur pruned
- Vines per hectare 3.800
- Year of implant 1996
- Yields per hectare 6 tons
- Harvest first decade of September
- Fermentation in steel tanks
- Maceration 16 days at controlled temperature
- Malolactic fermentation not carried out
- Tank ageing 8 · 9 months
- Bottle ageing 6 · 8 months
- Vintages 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Production vintage 20.000 bottiglie
- Serving temperature 10° C
- Glass medium size goblets
- Colour straw yellow with lively golden highlights.
- Bouquet fragrant scents of broom, iris and acacia follow notes of pineapple, yellow peach, vanilla, almond and marine fragrance.
- Taste very elegant and gentle, it strikes for its roundness, structure and sapid flavour well-balanced by a fresh and gratifying acidity.
- Characteristics a rich and full wine, deep and persistent, it enchants for its harmony and complexity and for the distinctness of the fruit, it expresses an important attitude for ageing.
- Food matches best served with rich dishes like swordfish rolls with sauce “alla messinese”, risotto with “gamberoni imperiali di Gallipoli” and truffle, roasted groper with Mediterranean herbs, char-grilled “tonno pinna rossa” fillet.
- Serve with cruditè of langoustine, steam cooked langoustine served with a drop of extra virgin olive oil, raw seafood. Delicious with fish, cous cous with harissa and speck omelette.
Wine Channel TV Digital Network was founded in 2009 by wine expert and digital media wine pioneer and award winning Sommelier Jessica Altieri. We work with some of the world’s leading wine and wine lifestyle brands. We create niche online digital channels with original creative content to drive awareness and engagement for our clients. Our expertise resides in digital channel development, social media strategy, digital video publishing, strategic partnerships and live experience events.