Tagliata di Tonno Perfect Pairing – Tenute Rubino
How To Sip The Holidays with Tenute Rubino
Tenute Rubino distributes and markets its products in over 20 foreign countries under the leadership of Luigi Rubino. Join Luigi, Romina Leopardi and the team that makes this family owned vineyard a special place to treasure and enjoy.
Tenute Rubino is a family owned vineyard in the heart of Salento on the southeastern peninsula that forms the heel of Italy. The vineyard is situated over four different areas around the city of Brindisi, located a mile from the sea and up to the hills above the city. The grapes grow through mild winters and hot summers. Tenute Rubino is located on 200 hectares producing over 1,000,000 bottles a year.
- IGT Salento
- Classification red – IGT Salento
- Grape variety Susumaniello 100%
- Alcohol level 13,50% vol.
- Analysis pH 3,70 – total acidity 5,90 g/l
- Vineyards location Brindisi
- Altitude of vineyards at sea level
- Soil characteristics sandy
- Training system spurred cordon
- Vines per hectare 6.000
- Year of implant 2004
- Yields per hectare 70 quintals
- Harvest during the first days of October
- Fermentation in steel tanks
- Maceration for 10 days at a controlled temperature
- Malolactic fermentation completely carried out
- Ageing in steel tanks
- Bottle ageing 2 months
- Vintage produced 2011, 2012
- Yearly production 30.000 bottles
- Serving temperature 15-18° C
- Colour intense ruby red with purple tinges.
- Bouquet fragranty fresh notes of red fruit: cherries, pomegranate, raspberries and mature plums.
- Taste sapid, mineral and round, with pleasantly soft tannins.
- Characteristics a balanced and velvety wine, with an elegant and persistent texture; its harmony, persistence and elegance are truly enchanting. Its varietal notes stand out clearly.
- Food matches Versatile and seductive, it goes well with savoury dishes such as stuffed aubergines and peppers, orecchiette with tomato sauce, risotto with porcini mushrooms. It pairs well with cold cuts, semi-cured cheeses and grilled meats.
Wine Channel TV Digital Network was founded in 2009 by wine expert and digital media wine pioneer and award winning Sommelier Jessica Altieri. We work with some of the world’s leading wine and wine lifestyle brands. We create niche online digital channels with original creative content to drive awareness and engagement for our clients. Our expertise resides in digital channel development, social media strategy, digital video publishing, strategic partnerships and live experience events.