Wine Channel TV 2014 Gala Awards
Wine Channel TV hosted the 2nd Annual Wine Channel TV Gala Awards at The Underground benefiting the Lynn Sage Foundation. Featured wines included:
Americas Social Wine Ambassador, Jessica Altieri, CS and CWAS hosted the event with specially prepared dishes provided by The Underground. The Wine Channel TV Awards were created in 2013 in partnership with Vineyard and Winery Management, the leader in professional wine competitions.
Millennials are the next generation of coveted wine consumers, and they enjoy overturning conventions and expectations. More importantly, they want to share their experiences virtually. If you want to tap into this lucrative market, you will need to embrace new platforms and opportunities. The International Wine Channel TV Award Competition was designed to target this exploding group of consumers. The 2013 IWCTV Awards Gala (www.winetvgala.com), held at “Americas Sexiest” nightclub, The Underground, in Chicago, drew over 280 wine lovers last year to taste and experience some of the award winning wines from the competition.
Wine Channel TV Network currently reaches more than 250K followers daily through social media, and provides videos that are engaging and easy to share. Our audience is growing at a rate of over 60% annually with consumers watching and learning about wine thru video on mobile devices.
Here are some things you may not know about this savvy group of wine enthusiasts:
- This BuzzFeed generation has a short attention span and wants to contribute to conversations by sharing content through social media.
- These 25- to 35-year olds have grown up online and live on their smartphones, depending on apps, such as Delectable and Vivino, to choose wines
- Tend to trust a virtual friend’s wine recommendation over a recommendation made by a retailer
- Don’t read extensive wine reviews in print
- Wants to have an authentic relationship with their wine; therefore, millennials are more likely to choose a higher-end wine with a story behind it
- Seek out less pretentious experiences for fun, irreverent and adventurous one
We’re thrilled with the results for this year’s International Wine Channel TV Award Competition, and look forward to another great competition in 2015 with wine brands and consumers.