Purea di Fave Con Cozze Perfect Pairing with Tenute Rubino
The One Sip of Punta Aquila You Need.
Tenute Rubino distributes and markets its products in over 20 foreign countries under the leadership of Luigi Rubino. Join Luigi, Romina Leopardi and the team that makes this family owned vineyard a special place to treasure and enjoy.
Tenute Rubino is a family owned vineyard in the heart of Salento on the southeastern peninsula that forms the heel of Italy. The vineyard is situated over four different areas around the city of Brindisi, located a mile from the sea and up to the hills above the city. The grapes grow through mild winters and hot summers. Tenute Rubino is located on 200 hectares producing over 1,000,000 bottles a year.
- IGT Salento
- Classification red · IGT Salento
- Grape variety Primitvo 100%
- Alcohol level 14,50% Alc by vol.
- Analysis pH 3,65 · total acidity 6,30 g/l
- Vineyards location Brindisi
- Altitude of vineyards 100 m above sea level
- Soil characteristics medium consistency
- Training system cordon trained, spur pruned
- Vines per hectare 6.000
- Year of implant 2000
- Yields per hectare 7 tons
- Harvest first day of September Fermentation 10 days in steel tanks Maceration 15 days at controlled temperature
- Malolactic fermentation totally carried out
- Maturation 4 months in 40 hl French wood tanks
- Bottle maturation 4 · 6 months
- Vintages 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Production vintage 90.000 bottles
- Serving temperature 16 · 18° C
- Glass red wine goblet
- Colour dark ruby.
- Bouquet this full and enveloping wine shows ethereal, fragrant and rich notes. It displays scents and nuance of cherries in brandy, mulberry jam, blueberry and blackcurrant, humus, tobacco and ginger, black pepper and herbs.
- Taste dynamic, coherent and of strong impact, it shows fascinating mineral aromas that well combine with the powerful structure of the fruit, the acidity and the pleasant and exuberant tannins.
- Characteristics it’s a warm and complex wine with a flighty personality, generous and vibrant, intense and concentrated, surprising while ageing.
- Food matches perfect with “bucatini” in boar meat sauce, “pappardelle” in hare sauce, rigatoni “con la pajata”, pork stew, tripe rolls, stuffed meat rolls with tomato sauce, “spiedo di manzo al lardo” (spitroasted beef with lard) and tuna stew with mint. Very good with medium-seasoned cheeses.
Wine Channel TV Digital Network was founded in 2009 by wine expert and digital media wine pioneer and award winning Sommelier Jessica Altieri. We work with some of the world’s leading wine and wine lifestyle brands. We create niche online digital channels with original creative content to drive awareness and engagement for our clients. Our expertise resides in digital channel development, social media strategy, digital video publishing, strategic partnerships and live experience events.